Putting leadership ideas in motion.
Lancefield on the Line
David Lancefield & guests
In this series, I interview leading management thinkers, entrepreneurs, executives and academics on the topics of strategy, leadership, culture and life! Guests have included:
- Alex Mahon, CEO, Channel 4.
- Gary Hamel, author of Humanocracy, Director of the Management Lab and Visiting Professor at the London Business School.
- Margaret Heffernan, author of Uncharted: How To Map The Future Together, Chairperson at DACS, Mentor at Merryck & Co.
- Rita McGrath, Professor at Columbia Business School.
This series of short stories illustrates how to design and implement strategy successfully. Topics include:
- How would your fiercest competitor respond to your strategy?
- Do you really know your strategic advantage?
- How to turn your meeting into an opportunity to think strategically.
- The power of the strategic pivot.
Lancefield on Leadership
Practical tips for improving your impact as a leader.
- Succeeding in your first 100 days.
- Managing uncertainty.
- How to transform your presence.
- Politics at work.
- How to manage career and job transitions.
- How to become more creative.
- How to ask great questions.
How business can tap into all of our special needs
All of us have special needs at work, based on our aspirations and abilities. But few leaders in business tap into them. They scratch at the surface of the potential around them in the rush to deliver the next project, product or set of financial results.
It’s time for a change. Imagine the power of everyone answering two simple questions: ‘Who am I?’ and ‘What can I give?’ David shares his own story from working with leaders and looking after a son with special needs.
The reinvention imperative: transforming TV by going back to the future
Faced with powerful disruptive challengers, traditional TV organisations are taking a number of sensible moves – consolidation, cost cutting and forming new partnerships. While necessary, they won’t be enough to maintain their position, let alone grow profitably.
The power of AI: a catalyst for organisational reinvention
Strategy& (for the FT)
As artificial intelligence accelerates more deeply into the business mainstream, David Lancefield outlines the benefits it can bring to an organisation.
Megatrends: five global shifts changing the way we live and do business
David Lancefield gives an overview on how megatrends are shaping business and society today, and in the future, and how foresight and tapping into these megatrends is critical.
Megatrends: what is a megatrend and why do they matter?
David Lancefield gives an overview on how megatrends are shaping business and society today and how they will affect everybody’s future.
Megatrends: the collisions
What happens when megatrends collide? David Lancefield discusses the impact of the interactions between the megatrends to uncover new opportunities and manage potentially disruptive risks.